A Private Note To Our Members
TRI•CU is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with TRI•CU.
As a member of TRI•CU, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information.
- 1. TRI•CU will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services — no more.
- 2. TRI•CU will protect your personal information. We will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect members confidentiality.
- 3. You will always have access to your information. As a member of TRI•CU, you will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- 4. TRI•CU will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- 5. TRI•CU will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members’ economic well being. Under no circumstances will TRI•CU authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
- 6. TRI•CU will offer you a choice in how your information is used. Any member of TRI•CU may elect to keep information from being shared with our business partners. We will inform you on how to exercise your choice, and we will take all reasonable steps to make sure your requests are followed. At least once a year, we will remind all members of your right to choose.
- 7. TRI•CU will never make unsolicited requests for your personal account information by phone or e-mail because we already have it. These are fraudulent attempts to steal your money and/or identity.